AIR !!!

AIR !!!
Should not be playing with your food

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Tips to Avoid the Dreaded Burn Out

Some days no matter how hard you try, you wind up burning out.

Sure I have sat starring at the phone praying for it to ring, it doesn't.

Sometimes watching paint dry seems more appealing.

What to do?

Sit there and not make money?

Watch paint dry and not make money?

Not making money is not an option.

Try these tips of the trade to avoid the dreaded burn out phase of the cold calling grind.

Tip one:
Change your mind set, think of cold calling as making friends and mean it. I have friends all over the country.

Tip two:
Hang pictures in your office. I have my son, my girlfriend and my 1970 Baja Bug to look at. Ask me later which one I look at more ;-)

Tip three:
Get a snack - or some coffee - coffee is my life blood at the office

Tip four:
This one is controversial pop a video game on your screen and play it. This tip can back fire, don't let yourself get too wrapped up in the game . . . trust me you will get a hook up right when you are setting a high score!

Tip Five:
Play music! I stream Pandora

Tip Six:
Clean your desk, I know it is neat as a pin already  . . HAHAHAAHA straighten it up!

Tip Seven:
Close a deal. Nothing fixes burn out like a deal!

Tip Eight:
Take a break and write a blog.

Tip Nine:
Answer those emails you have been putting off.

Tip Ten:
Call your kid,or significant other. Nothing motivates better than a child or significant other! At the time of this blog post I have twins on the way and am super motivated to get my wheel barrow filled with cash!

Those are just a few - more to follow

No comments:

Post a Comment